Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Lipoprotein(a)










Yesterday I searched in Google for my maiden name (it's Brunthaler) and guess what I found? A scientific paper by the university of Innsbruck, where I used to work - okay, let's say "some" years ago.

The time in Innsbruck was one of my best lifetime experiences. Interesting work, perfect colleagues and Tyrol is simply beautiful (see picture by opoki.com). I'm glad that I had the chance to be there.

And here's what the institute worked on at that time:

Lipoprotein(a) [Lp(a)] is a quantitative trait in human plasma. Lp(a) consists of a low-density lipoprotein and the plasminogen-related apolipoprotein(a) [apo(a)]. The apo(a) gene determines a size polymorphism of the protein, which is related to Lp(a) levels in plasma. In an attempt to gain a deeper insight into the genetic architecture of this risk factor for coronary heart disease, we have investigated the basis of the apo(a) size polymorphism by pulsed field gel electrophoresis of genomic DNA ...

http://www.springerlink.com/content/h3m442w83165573r/

Journal: Human Genetics
Publisher: Springer Berlin / Heidelberg
Subject: Biomedical and Life Sciences and Medicine
Issue: Volume 90, Number 3 / November, 1992
Category: Original Investigations
Pages: 220-230

No comments: