Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Pop, R&B, Gothic Rock


Since I've watched Nelly Furtado in Imst (Tyrol, Austria) I am fascinated by this (seemingly) delicate woman. She's pure power and energy.




If you are able to get people from Tyrol up from their seats - yup, that means something (no offense meant!).

I loved her webpage when she presented her album "Folklore" ... I think that page is not online anymore. That's kind of sad - her new official page is very professional, a little bit too cool for my taste.

The new CD "Loose" is perfectly okay if you like Pop music. BTW it seems that Spanish becomes an accepted Pop language ... although Nelly Furtado is originally Portuguese :-)


And here my second new CD ... funny, but I like this guy. His music is perfect for dancing. I would never ever dance outside my work out room to his music (I am way too old for that!) but it's perfect training.



Some of the songs are extremely cool. I like "What Goes Around...Comes Around" quite a lot (use link to watch the videoclip).


The third CD I'm listening to at the moment is "A Slight Case Of Overbombing" by The Sisters Of Mercy.






To name this band in the same post as Nelly Furtado and Justin Timberlake might be a little bit daring ... but to hell with that. Why not listen to Gothic Rock and R&B? Music is so much more than simple categories ...

Andrew Eldritch's voice is fascinating. Here's what The Sisters Of Mercy say about themselves:

We are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. And intellectual love gods in our spare time.

If you've got some time to spare, read through their page. I would say it is different, and yes, it is intellectual ... so enjoy!

No comments: