Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Scottish Music


Do you remember the band Fairground Attraction?
I loved their song "Find my love". It's a shame that this band doesn't exist anymore ... IMHO.

The whole album "The first of a million kisses" is really nice to listen to - and I was quite surprised to read that they were a Scottish acoustic-pop group.

Seems like I've got an affinity to Scottish pop groups, I also like Simple Minds very much.

Looking for Scottish music I found something very interesting ... the band Salsa Celtica:

... with their unprecedented high-energy fusion of Latin and Celtic sounds and rhythms. Apparently against the odds, one style flows naturally into another, creating a magical instrumental mix that blends bagpipes with congas, brass with fiddles. The result has been an exuberant fan base and a growing reputation for this broad collective of musicians which includes artists from Cuba, Ireland, Scotland and Venezuela among its number.

Review by MusicScotland.com


I simply had to order the CD El Camino, and I'm really looking forward to listening to this particulary strange music!

No comments: