Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Calvin & Hobbes as Evolutionists












Today I was in for a nice surprise. As already posted I'm reading Daniel C. Dennett's 'Darwin's Dangerous Idea' for my bachelor thesis at the moment (still 200 pages to go ...).

While discussing adaptationist thinking and stating that some stories are simply too good to be NOT true (referring to the aquatic-ape theory) Daniel C. Dennett shows a Calvin & Hobbes comic strip.

I was quite flabbergasted (and isn't that a nice expression?).

If you click on the picture above (I hope Bill Watterson does approve, you should really buy some of his comic strip books) you'll see that it fits perfectly.

I honestly admire Daniel C. Dennett's intelligent, philosophical disquisition on evolution and his 'mind-boggling' sense of humour!

No comments: