Sunday, May 13, 2007

A Preference for Scotland?

I seem to have identified a preference for scotland. Fascinating, I've never been there and still ... I like Simple Minds since I've been a teenager and - as mentioned in previous posts - Fairground Attraction and Salsa Celtica.

But there is not only Scottish music I like, there are some quite interesting men coming from Scotland, like Sean Connery (since he's a grown up man, not as James Bond) and Gerald Butler (300).







While looking at some pictures of Gerald Butler (who wants to blame me for appreciating good looking men, huh?) I found out that he played in "Beowolf and Grendel" in 2005. How come I've missed that movie?? That's one of my favourite stories!

I've read quite a lot of stuff like that as a child and I still love these stories. The Song of Roland, the Nibelungenlied, the Illiad and the Odyssey ... talking about movies I liked Braveheart as well as Rob Roy.

Seems like I'm holding out for a hero ... quoting Bonnie Tyler ;-)

I think I have to go to Scotland, visit the country, get to know some people over there. One of my favourite retirement plans is to live by the sea (guess where ... yup, Scotland) writing books. But as I am a little bit too young to retire I might spend a holiday there first of all. Let's see whether I really like it.

No comments: