Saturday, August 30, 2008

Gilmore Girls Quotes - Season 7.19

There are two things I really appreciate in this high-tech world: MP3 players and DVDs.

When I'm completely stressed out, I take a walk with my iPod shuffle (love this cute little thing) or settle down in front of my PC and watch my favourite TV series - Gilmore Girls.

I've just enjoyed one episode of the seventh (and last) season of GG. It's episode 19 ... It's Just Like Riding a Bike

Lorelai and Luke were friends for a long time and became lovers, but it didn't work out. They're trying to restore their friendship, and as Lorelai's Wrangler breaks down, Luke tries to help her to buy a new car. Lorelai being Lorelai, that's quite difficult ... and it is not very helpful that L&L act way too polite instead of their usual argy-bargy.

-----------------------------------

Lorelai (on the phone, talking to Sookie, her friend):
Jack Bauer should torture his suspects by making them go car shopping with their exes.

You have to be an expert in music, movies and TV series to decode GG jokes and hints - how I do love that :-)

-----------------------------------

And here's what it is like to buy a car with Lorelai. In her world, car's got personality. Mind, she's quite a crazy woman (just have a look at the picture - that explains it all) ... and my, how I appreciate her views *g*

Luke: Here's a news flash for you, okay. Sports cars don't think they're better than other cars! Okay? Hatchbacks do not have SUV inferiority complexes!

Lorelai: Heh. Now who's ridiculous.

Luke: Yeah, and sedans aren't afraid to get dirty!

-----------------------------------

Lorelai does not buy a new car. She simply doesn't get "the feeling".

So Luke looks for a used Wrangler and suggests - against all rational thought - to put the engine block into Lorelai's broken down Wrangler. Which is perfectly okay with Lorelai :-)

No comments: