Thursday, February 08, 2007

Hiking In Austria

How I miss to hike. Now there's too little snow for snowshoeing, but too much for hiking.

Damned.

Had a long walk with my dog today, but that's simply not the same.

In the picture you can see the wooden cross of the mountain "Voettleck" (and me).


When I look out of my window I can see this mountain. It's not very high, but it offers a very nice view.

This year the "Hochtor" and the "Kleiner Buchstein" are on my personal list, they are located in the Gesaeuse National Park.

For more info please use the recommended link!

The Gesaeuse National Park with its mountainous landscape is an area of breath-taking beauty. It is the most recent of the Austrian National Parks and, with an area of about 11,000 hectares, the third largest of them. Its landscape is characterised by rock, woodland and water.

No comments: