Thursday, February 08, 2007

Volvo 480















This is my car. A Volvo 480 Turbo. Referring to "The Volvo 480-Register" my two-tone is a rarity ...

The Two Tone, which had many special features, was on sale for only one year, 1992. The Two Tone Turbo still is a rarity.

Wikipedia (the German version) says that there're only 7000 Volvo 480 produced in 1992.

As a matter of fact it is quite a special car ... it's got power (120HP) and quite cool features for such an old car. I especially love its "Schlafaugen" as we call it in German, a possible translation could be "sleepy eyes" ... referring to its pop up headlights.

Another (older) Volvo model, the P1800 ES, was called "Schneewittchensarg" - which means "Snow White Coffin", referring to the fairy tale - because of this big rear window.










The 480 has got quite a big rear window, too (and yes, the "4" is missing in this picture of my car):













BTW, the new C30 is said to be a follow up model, because of its big rear window.










I always wanted to drive a Volvo and I'm very proud of my 480, although it's old and rusty ... it's a great car. We are 1000kms per week on the road together, I think that's quite remarkable!

No comments: