Saturday, February 17, 2007

Lahngangkogel With Snow Shoes


What a perfect day!

Took my Camelbak hydration pack, my Inook snow shoes, my dog Sindy and made a tour onto the Lahngangkogel (1778m).

It was great!



First we walked up the Kaiserau ski run which is quite steep. Where the alpine touring people criss-crossed the hill, we made a straight line ... my Inook snow shoes are perfect for that, excellent grip.

Then we turned up to the Lahngangkogel, following the alpine touring track through the woods - there were so many people on the way, because there was a carneval party going on up there!

The weather was simply great and the snow was perfect. I was able to slide down on my snow shoes in deep snow to the Oberst Klinke Hut, that was pure fun!

Then we walked back to the car. The whole tour took us 4 1/2 hours ... my dog is VERY tired. The deep snow is difficult for her, but Sindy is quite a tough doggie.

A perfect day, a perfect tour ... and we met many nice people up there, enjoying the day just like Sindy and me.

Simply click on pics to enlarge them ... the last one shows the Admonter Kaibling.

No comments: