Saturday, September 08, 2007

Hothouse Flowers

Wikipedia told me that my favourite music genre is rock, alternative rock, blues rock, soft rock, hard rock, celtic rock, folk rock ...

Ah, it's good to know what to answer in case this question comes up! Not "Uhm, a little bit of this and a little bit of that" ... now I can answer "Rock" in a simple & straightforward way :-)

The Irish band Hothouse Flowers around Liam Ó Maonlaí and Fiachna Ó Braonáin is an example for folk rock respectively celtic rock.

I've got three of their CDs, People (1988), Home (1990) and Songs from the Rain (1993) - the song "The Older We Get" is on the first mentioned CD People.



Liam Ó Maonlaí has got a MySpace website, there is an interesting flute tune online, An Buachall Ban Dea.

Irish music is something special, I can't think of any other music which is so sad and (sometimes at the same time) so cheerful.

No comments: