Wednesday, February 28, 2007

My Motorbikes - Mito & NC30


My first motorbike was a Cagiva Mito, 125cc ... 7 speed ... 39hp ... gosh, that was fun.

In the picture you can see me on my second bike, a Honda VFR400R, also known as NC30.



Wikipedia says "The VFR400 engines produce a noticeable whine when the engine is running ..." and that's true. She sounds just like a sewing machine.

Okay, normally you would use "it" for bikes, I'm aware of that ... but in Austrian slang a motorbike is female.

It's called "die Reib'n" which you might translate as "the grater" ... so I'll stick to the "she".

She's got a single-sided swingarm, a 399cc 4-valve V4 engine ... just like her bigger sister, the superbike racing motorbike RC30. Some might know that Carl "Foggy" Fogarty (great guy!) raced a RC30 before he hopped onto a Ducati.

But to be honest, at the moment I'm not riding a motorbike - I prefer my mountainbike. Nevertheless I still got my leather wear ... who knows, maybe I'll ride again one day. Let's hope it'll still fit me then ... :-)

No comments: