Thursday, June 25, 2009

Social Media & Open Source CMS

Testing Open Source CMS Software ...

Wordpress - easy to use, very nice blog templates.
Drupal - similar, nice solution to design websites by yourself.
Typo3 ... damned, that's not so easy, but after all it's much more professional ;-)

Still love ARCSIN's templates, using a newer one for a redesign of autohausfelber.at - template looks great, let's see what I can make of it :-)

BTW, I love Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird. So nice to use.



Also testing social media platforms ...

XING ... perfect for business contacts, use it in German & like it, but it doesn't really connect with other networks
Twitter ... like it, much more fun than regular RSS feeds ;-)
Delicious ... a very handy online bookmarking service
Plaxo ... perfect for combining different services
Facebook ... still a newbie to that service, nice features
YouTube ... no videos by me, but my, how I love to watch the old 80's music videos *g*
yasni ... something I've got, but not really use

There are so many services and platforms out there ... I'm really curious how long this hype will continue.

No comments: