Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Moedlinger Hut (1523m)



Wow! Long time no post. Well, I became kind of Facebook addicted :)

But what is really alarming: I didn't hike for a LONG long time! Here's my last hiking post: Grosser Boesenstein (2008-08)

And yes, it did take effect - some trousers won't fit anymore, ahum.

But today the weather was simply too fine to be true, so I took Sindy and we went for a walk, up to the Moedlinger Hut (1523m).



As my hiking boots "met their maker" (see picture below) I purchased a new pair.



I thought a nice, not too challenging hike would be best to test them (as well as my rotten condition). Unfortunately they do not fit the same perfect way my old pair did :(

I took my time, and many pictures ...



On the way up ... looking at the Admonter Reichenstein.



These flowers are very prominent in some places along the way - turning the landscape into beautiful shades of blue.



Woah. A Vipera berus ... in black. First time I've ever seen this species! It lay on the road, beside Sindy. Thought it was a young Aesculapian Snake first (they are way more common), but the sturdy build and the pitch-black colour made me wary.



And yes, the slit pupil was there - I checked that looking at the picture, didn't want to provoke the snake *g*



A way less dangerous animal ... nice movement ;)



Forest soil with lots of clover :)



Making hay - we call that "Schwedenreiter" or "Heureiter" ... Swedish rider or hay rider.



Up at the Moedlinger Hut - taking a rest and having a delicious meal. I think Sindy enjoyed our spontaneous getaway just as much as I did.



Beautiful view ... Admonter Kalbling, Sparafeld and Admonter Reichenstein. Enjoyed all three vertexes when I was in a much (!) better shape.

On the way down I took my new shoes off and walked bare-footed. Doesn't hurt if you're used to it ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Schöne Fotos und somit wohl auch schöne Erlebnisse zeigst Du hier nach Deiner etwas längeren Abwesenheit. Aber Du hast ja auch genug um die Ohren.
Solche Art Heu zu trocknen gibts hier leider nicht mehr; schade eigentlich. Hast Du davon auch eine Nahaufnahme wie das gemacht wird?

Viel Grüße von Thorben ( Insektivor212/Pixelio )

Elke Barbara Bachler said...

Hi Thorben, leider habe ich keine Aufnahmen wie man das macht.

Wir daheim haben nicht solche frei stehende Pfähle benutzt, sondern die Pfähle mit Draht verbunden, wie eine Art Zaun. Das gemähte Gras wurde dann einfach aufgehängt - das haben wir nur mit schwer trockenbaren Pflanzen gemacht, das wurde dann auch eher zum Einstreuen als zum Füttern verwendet.

Sonst machten wir ganz normale Haufen bzw. Reihen - weil wir die Wiesen direkt ums Haus hatten und schnell eingreifen konnten. Diese Art zu trocknen ist vermutlich dann interessant, wenn man nicht sofort einbringen kann - es ist nicht so schlimm, wenn es mal drauf regnet. LG, Elke